Training, Education & Development
2012-2013 U8 Indoor Winter Training Academy
Our Training Academy Winter Program is designed to further develop your child’s individual skills throughout the Winter months. All registered players will participate in indoor training sessions throughout the winter and will also be registered to participate in this year’s Top Shelf Soccer League run jointly by the Oceanside and East Meadow Soccer Clubs. Participation in our program includes:
- Series of 75 minute training sessions (7 in total), organized and run by professional training staff from the Long Island Rough Riders.
- All sessions to be held indoors on turf fields at the climate controlled Coleman Country Day Camp.
- All sessions will be held on Mondays from 5:30-6:45 PM with dates as follows:
- Boys- 11/19, 12/3, 12/17, 1/14, 2/4, 2/25 & 3/11
- Girls- 11/26, 12/10, 1/7, 1/28, 2/11, 3/4 & 3/18
- Participants will play in an 8 week indoor Winter League (Top Shelf Soccer League) starting mid-November (dates to be announced shortly) hosted jointly be the Oceanside and East Meadow Soccer Clubs. League is structured so that teams do not play every weekend, which leaves time for family events and participation in other Soccer Tournaments sanctioned by OUSC, including the Oceanside Rudy Lamonica Tournament and the East Meadow Soccer Club World Cup.
- NO Holiday Weekend play, nor training on Holidays.
- All participants are fully covered and insured when you participate in an OUSC event.
The cost for the Winter Program for all U8 participants is $250.00 per player, which includes the cost of the training facility rental, training staff from the Rough Riders and the team costs to participate in the Winter League.
Since the OUSC Training Academy Winter Program includes indoor training as well as participation in League Play, space is limited to 24 players so if you are interested, please register online today at
The deadline to register is November 1st or sooner once 24 players register, so don’t delay!